Monday, July 14, 2008

Corridor Craziness!


All weekend I knew that Monday would be the day that I would decide what would dominate the next three weeks of my life. I was nervous about what my project would end up being. I had a few ideas but I didn't think any of them were strong enough to carry an entire project. The brainstorming session was a little stressful at times. In the end, I ended up with a topic I never would have thought that I would have at the beginning of the session, but now that I'm in it I'm so excited to get started!
I almost went for a bird project, but I know a lot about birds and have done a bird research project before. I wasn't even sure what a corridor was, and now I am going to be doing a whole project on them. I think I will take a lot from this project. I'm so excited to continue to learn about animal sign, particularly prints. We are also gong to be lucky enough to have Dan join us again. I learned sooooooo much last time from him, I feel so lucky to be able to work with him again. I called Randy to ask if we could use his land and he was so accomadating, it seems like everything is really falling into place.
I'm a planner, and I feel very good about the plans that we made today. I'm nervous about using GPS to make a map, but I have a lot of confidence in the group's skills, and I think our map will be so cool once we make it!
Overall I think we have a clear direction and I can't wait to get moving. I'm excited to work with the people in my group, I think we all have different things to offer and that we'll work very well together, as well as have lots of fun.
On another note, I was talking about some of the things we had done over the past week at my roommates graduation party and she said, "wow, you are so much smarter than you were a week ago." While smarter may not be the right word, I continue to be amazed by how much I have already gained from this class, and we still have three weeks to go!

No comments: